Does my credit card travel insurance make me eligible for an Already Overseas policy?
- You are an Australian citizen or resident normally residing in Australia; and
- You hold a valid Australian Medicare card; and
- You have a home to which you intend to return; and
- Your trip ends in Australia; and
- You are aged 74 years and under at time of purchase; and
- You advise us at the time of purchase that you are already overseas (this will be noted on your Certificate of Insurance).
- You cannot purchase a Basics Policy or Frequent Traveller Saver Policy if you are already overseas.
- Temporary visitors (i.e. on a tourist visa) or individuals on an Australian temporary residence visa including those on a working holiday visa are not eligible to purchase this policy after departing Australia.
- A 48-hour no-cover period applies to all benefits (there is no cover under any section of the policy for any event that arises within the first 48 hours of purchasing your policy).
- A $500 excess for all claims.
You would be eligible to purchase an Already Overseas policy if your credit card travel insurance policy is still current, or has not been expired for more than 14 days.
Policies purchased while you are already overseas are subject to:
Cover is subject to the policy terms, conditions, limits and exclusions in the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).