I am going on a Kimberley Expedition cruise, what am I covered for?

If you will be going on a Kimberley cruise, you can be covered for:

  • Cancellations for unexpected and unforeseen cancellations. 
  • Transfer to medical transport. If you require medical evacuation, there is only cover for any necessary private transport (such as a tourist helicopter) to transfer you to medical transport. There is no cover for medical costs in Australia, including air ambulance (plane or helicopter), the Royal Flying Doctor Service or road ambulance as the cruise is a domestic cruise.
  • Luggage and Personal Effects.
  • Travel Delay Expenses
  • Special Event Transport Expenses
  • Theft of cash from your person while you are on the boat itself. There is no cover for cash not on your person at the time they were stolen and not locked secured in a safe.


  • If you require medical evacuation, you MUST contact our Emergency Assistance Team on 02 8320 7999 to organise this, or the AMSA (Australian Maritime Safety Authority) on 1800 641 792 / +61 2 6230 6811 to arrange the evacuation. A helicopter or seaplane company should NOT be contacted directly prior to speaking to Fast Cover Emergency Assistance or AMSA. Failure to do so may result in your claim being unpaid.
  • Cover depends on the type of policy you have purchased for your trip.
  • There is no cover for expenses incurred if your Luggage and Personal Effects are delayed or for Passport, Credit Cards & Credit Card Fraud, as the cruise is a domestic cruise.

Cover is subject to the policy terms, conditions, limits and exclusions in the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).

Still need help? Contact Us Contact Us