When can't I extend my policy?
Cover cannot be extended:
- For any Pre-existing Medical Condition, unless it is listed under the heading 'Covered Pre-Existing Medical Conditions' in our Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and you have not been hospitalised (including Day Surgery or Emergency Department attendance) for that condition in the past 24 months; or
- For conditions you suffered during the term of your original policy; or
- Where you have not advised us of any circumstances that have given (or may give) rise to a claim under your original policy; or
- Where at the time of extension you are aged 80 years or over.
- When the period of insurance on your original Certificate of Insurance and your new Certificate of Insurance has a combined period of 24 months.
For more information, refer to our Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).