I have a heart condition, am I covered?
If you have a heart condition at the time of policy purchase:
If you unexpectedly develop a heart condition AFTER you purchase your policy and before you depart for your trip:
- You must contact your medical practitioner and get written confirmation that you are fit to travel
- If you don’t get written confirmation from your medical practitioner that you are fit to travel, or the medical practitioner declares you unfit to travel, you will not be covered for any claim that arises from that condition on your trip if you choose to travel.
- If your medical practitioner declares you unfit to travel, then you are covered under the terms of your existing policy to cancel your trip and make a claim under the Trip cancellation benefit.
If you unexpectedly develop a heart condition during your trip:
- You have cover for the medical expenses if you are hospitalised or need to see a doctor during your trip for your unexpected heart condition.
- There is no cover for any medical expenses that you incur once you return to Australia.
- If you are taking blood thinners (including aspirin) for your heart condition, you are also excluded from any complications that may arise from the taking of the blood thinners (including aspirin). We can still issue a policy for you, but any claims arising from, or related to your heart condition or the taking of blood thinners (including aspirin) would not be covered.
- Claims unrelated to this condition would be covered as normal as outlined in our Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).
- If you would like to be covered for your heart condition or the taking of the blood thinner, please contact Aussie Travel Cover* on 02 9998 7854. They can take you through a medical assessment over the phone and may be able to provide a tailored Travel Insurance policy for your specific condition.
Any advice that is provided to you is general in nature and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial circumstances or needs.
Before you make any decisions about the product you should read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) to ensure that it is suitable to you.
*Fast Cover Pty Ltd receives a commission from Aussie Travel Cover for each referred policy.