Is Diabetes Mellitus (Type I) covered?
Diabetes Mellitus (Type I) is covered providing you:
- Were diagnosed over 12 months ago, and
- Have no eye, kidney, nerve or vascular complications, and
- Do not also suffer from known cardiovascular disease, Hypertension, Hyperlipidaemia or Hypercholesterolaemia,
- Are under 50 years of age at the date of policy purchase,
- Have not been hospitalised (including day surgery or emergency department attendance) for that condition in the 24 months prior to the time of policy issue, and
- Your medications for that condition have remained unchanged for the past 6 months.
Cover is subject to the policy terms, conditions, limits and exclusions in the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).
Any advice that is provided to you is general in nature and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial circumstances or needs.
Before you make any decisions about the product you should read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) to ensure that it is suitable to you.