What sports and activities are automatically covered in my policy?
You are automatically covered for a number of sports and leisure activities as listed below. If you are taking a trip that involves more adventurous activities we offer an optional Adventure Pack that includes cover for a wide range of adventurous activities.
Automatically Covered Sports and Leisure Activities
- Aqua zorbing
- Bicycling, recreational mountain biking and bicycle tours with a licensed tour operator (but not racing, motor cross, BMX, cross country or downhill mountain biking)
- Bungee jumping or canyon swinging
- Camel, donkey or elephant riding (under appropriate supervision)
- Dog sledding
- Diving underwater using an artificial breathing apparatus at a depth no greater than 10 metres (you must hold an open water diving licence recognised in Australia or dive with an instructor licensed for these activities)
- Fishing (on land or within 2 nautical miles of a land mass)
- Gym activities (but not powerlifting)
- Gymnastics (but not competitions)
- Hiking, trekking or tramping, peaking at altitudes below 3,000 metres, where specialist climbing equipment is not required. Expeditions to or on the Kokoda Track/Trail are not automatically covered. Choose the Adventure Pack option for higher altitudes and Kokoda expeditions.
- Horse riding (but not competitions, equestrian events, steeple chasing, jumping, or polo)
- Ice skating on a rink (but not including competitive skating, racing, speed skating, and tour skating)
- Indoor rock climbing (under appropriate supervision)
- Jet boating (must be with a licensed operator, no competition or racing, no stunts or jumping off ramps)
- Leisure activities (meaning any activities involving minimal physical exertion that is undertaken for relaxation or pleasure. For example, sight-seeing, picnics, photography and museum or art gallery visits)
- Paintball (with eye protection)
- Water polo
- Racing on foot for distances up to and including full marathon (42.2 kilometres or 26.2 miles)
- Racquet and ball sports not involving physical contact: badminton, baseball, bowling, bowls, cricket, croquet, golf, netball, snooker, soccer, softball, table tennis, tennis, touch football, volleyball
- Rafting, kayaking or canoeing in rivers or rapids graded I, II or III under the International Scale of River Difficulty, or lakes or canals (choose the Adventure Pack option for rivers or rapids graded IV or V under the International Scale of River Difficulty)
- Regulated or licensed ballooning
- Safari (under appropriate supervision) but not hunting
- Sailing up to 10 nautical miles off any land mass
- Shark cage diving (subject to diving restrictions listed above)
- Shooting (fixed target only, choose the Adventure Pack option option for shooting moving targets)
- Skateboarding, roller skating, inline skating (but not including vert skating or acrobatics)
- Surface water activities (other than sailing) up to 2 nautical miles off any land mass
- Track and field athletics
- Ultimate frisbee
- Weight lifting and body building
- All other sports and leisure activities are excluded from cover under your policy, except however the adventure activities covered under the optional Adventure Pack if you paid the additional premium for the Adventure Pack and it is listed on your Certificate of Insurance.
- From time to time we may add automatically covered activities. If you cannot see the activity you want cover for in this list check the list on our website at fastcover.com.au/activities.
- Note that it is a condition of cover for all activities that you act in a reasonable way to protect yourself. The best way that you can do this is to enjoy your activities with a properly licensed outdoor pursuits or sports organisation and to follow their instructions.
Cover is subject to the policy terms, conditions, limits and exclusions.in the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).