Is there cover if I contract COVID-19?
If you have purchased the Optional COVID-19 Pack:
If you contract COVID-19, there is some cover for:
1) Overseas emergency medical, hospital and medical evacuation expenses
2) Trip cancellation and disruption
Check the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and the Optional COVID-19 Pack Document for more information if the Optional COVID-19 Pack is suitable for you.
If you do NOT have the Optional COVID-19 Pack:
There is no cover for any claims that are directly or indirectly related to or arising from the SARS-CoV-2 virus, the COVID-19 disease or any mutation of either. This applies regardless of when you buy your policy, your travel destination, or the Australian government’s travel advisory for the country at the time you bought your policy.
This includes, but is not limited to, cancellation costs should you contract COVID-19 and are unable to travel, or if you incur medical expenses whilst away and you are required to undergo testing, quarantine or be hospitalised.
Nonetheless, our emergency assistance team are available 24/7 to help you if you need it. This assistance is offered to you regardless of whether your claim is related to COVID-19. Our experienced team of Australian-based doctors, nurses and case managers can help you:
- Locate the nearest hospitals and clinics with COVID-19 testing facilities;
- Make appointments with local medical practitioners in a foreign country;
- Find embassies and consulates, and liaise with the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs (DFAT); and
- Notify your loved ones and work colleagues if necessary. Please note that the provision of any assistance by our emergency assistance team doesn’t mean that your claim will be paid.
For more information refer to our Travel Advisory on COVID-19.