Is moped, scooter or motorcycle riding covered?

You are NOT automatically covered. To have cover to ride a motorcycle, moped or scooter you will need to purchase the Motorcycle Pack.

You are covered to ride a moped or scooter with an engine size no greater than 50cc provided you:

  • Have a current Australian drivers licence, and 
  • Licence valid for the country that you are riding in.

If you will riding a motorcycle, moped or scooter with an engine size greater than 50cc, you must:

  •  Have a current Australian motorcycle licence valid for the same size of motorcycle, regardless of the local laws, and 
  • Licence valid for the country that you are riding in.


  • If you hold a Provisional Australian Motorcycle licence you must comply with the restrictions of this type of licence, regardless of the local laws.
  • There is no restriction on the engine size of the motorcycle
  • The moped, scooter and motorcycle itself is not covered under your policy.
  • There is no cover for off road motorcycle riding, and you are not covered for riding on private roads.

Cover is subject to the policy terms, conditions, limits and exclusions in the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS)..

Read more about riding a moped, scooter or motorcycle overseas:

Still need help? Contact Us Contact Us