Can I get cover if I'm a temporary resident of Australia temporarily travelling overseas?
For temporary residents of Australia, cover is available, however, only if:
- You are a non-permanent resident who holds a valid Medicare card or are covered by an Australian Private Health Insurance policy that satisfies the government health insurance requirements for your visa type; and
- You have a home in Australia to which you intend to return; and
- Your trip starts and ends in Australia; and
- You hold a return ticket to Australia; and
- You are aged 89 years and under.
- In the event of a medical repatriation from overseas, we will return you to Australia.
- Medical expenses incurred once you have returned to Australia are not covered on this policy.
- It is therefore important that you ensure you have access to long term medical care in Australia.
- If you do not satisfy the above conditions, you cannot buy a Travel Insurance policy. If you do, it will be INVALID. Please contact our affiliate Aussie Travel Cover* on 02 9998 7854 and they may be able to offer you a non-Australian resident travel insurance policy.
Cover is subject to the policy terms, conditions, limits and exclusions in the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).
*Fast Cover Pty Ltd receives a commission from Aussie Travel Cover for each referred policy.