How do I find out about my policy and its terms and conditions?
To properly understand the policy's significant features, benefits and risks you need to carefully read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for more detail:
- 'Before you buy this policy there are 11 things you must know' - this contains important information on who can purchase the policy, age limits and the choice of policies and cover types available to you;
- The benefit limits provided under each policy in the 'Benefit Summary' table, when we will pay a claim under each Benefit section applicable to the cover you choose and any endorsements under the 'Optional Cover' section (remember, certain words have special meanings - see the 'Words with Special Meanings' section in the PDS);
- 'Important Matters' - this contains important information on Your Certificate of Insurance, the period of insurance and extensions of cover, your Duty of Disclosure (including how the Duty applies to you and what happens if you breach the Duty), cooling off period, Financial Claims Scheme and the dispute resolution process;
- When we will not pay a claim under each Benefit section applicable to the cover you choose and the General Exclusions that apply to all Benefits (this restricts the cover and benefits); and
- 'What You need to do when making a Claim' - this details what to need to do when making a claim and sets out certain obligations that you and we have. If you do not meet them we may refuse to pay a claim.