Can I buy a policy if I have a Bridging Visa?
If you have a Bridging visa, cover is available, however, only if:
- You are a non-permanent resident who holds a valid Medicare card or are covered by an Australian Private Health Insurance policy that satisfies the government health insurance requirements for your visa type; and
- You have a home in Australia to which you intend to return; and
- Your trip starts and ends in Australia; and
- You hold a return ticket to Australia; and
- You are aged 89 years and under.
- In the event of a medical repatriation from overseas, we will return you to Australia.
- Medical expenses incurred once you have returned to Australia are not covered on this policy.
- It is therefore important that you ensure you have access to long term medical care in Australia.
Cover is subject to the policy terms, conditions, limits and exclusions in the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).