I haven't left Australia yet. Can I buy a policy to start when I am already overseas?

Yes you can purchase a policy to start after you have already left Australia, provided your policy with us follows directly on from your policy with another company. That is, you must be insured continuously from the time you leave Australia.

You do not need to take out an 'Already Overseas' policy if you purchase this policy BEFORE you leave Australia. 

If you have ALREADY LEFT Australia and then wish to purchase a policy to start at a later date, you will need to purchase an Already Overseas policy.


  • Other eligibility requirements apply if you are purchasing a policy when you have already left Australia.

Cover is subject to the policy terms, conditions, limits and exclusions in the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).

Still need help? Contact Us Contact Us