Am I covered if I ride a motorcycle above 3000 metres?
Riding a motorcycle:
- To have cover for riding a motorcycle, you will need to take out the Motorcycle Pack for an additional premium.
- You will have cover if you have an accident while riding your motorcycle for recreational purposes only, and as long as you are not racing, jumping or competing.
- You must ride on a public registered road
- The motorcycle itself would not be covered.
- If you are the rider of a motorcycle, scooter or moped with an engine capacity of 50cc or less you must hold a current Australian Drivers Licence and a licence valid for the country that you are riding in.
- If you are the rider of a motorcycle, scooter or moped with an engine capacity greater than 50cc you must hold a current Australian Motorcycle Licence valid for the same class of motorcycle, regardless of the local laws and a licence valid for the country that you are riding in.
Travel above 3000 metres:
- To have cover to travel above 3000 metres up to a maximum of 6000 metres, you would need to take out the Adventure Pack for an additional premium.
Cover is subject to the policy terms, conditions, limits and exclusions in the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).
All claims are assessed on a case by case basis and the outcome of your claim will depend on your particular circumstances.