My motorbike has an engine displacement of more than 250cc, am I covered?

You are not automatically covered for riding a motorcycle. To be covered for riding a motorcycle you need to purchase the Motorcycle Pack and pay the additional premium.

There is no limit to the engine displacement of the motorbike, provided you:

  • Have a current Australian motorcycle licence valid for the same size of motorcycle, regardless of the local laws, and 
  • Licence valid for the country that you are riding in.


  • If you hold a Provisional Australian Motorcycle licence you must comply with the restrictions of this type of licence, regardless of the local laws.
  • The motorcycle itself is not covered under your policy.
  • There is no cover for off road motorcycle riding, and you are not covered for riding on private roads.

Cover is subject to the policy terms, conditions, limits and exclusions in the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS)..

Read more about riding a moped, scooter or motorcycle overseas:

Still need help? Contact Us Contact Us