Can I buy a policy?

Cover is only available if:

  • You are an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia, who has resided in Australia for at least 200 days of the 12 months immediately preceding your trip, and hold a current Australian Medicare card which is not a visitor Medicare card; and 
  • You purchase your policy before you commence your trip or you satisfy all of the requirements for purchasing a policy while you are already overseas; and 
  • Your trip ends in Australia; and 
  • You are aged 89 years and under.

For temporary residents of Australia, cover is available, however, only if: 

  • You are a non-permanent resident who holds a valid Medicare card or are covered by an Australian Private Health Insurance policy that satisfies the government health insurance requirements for your visa type; and 
  • You have a home in Australia to which you intend to return; and 
  • Your trip starts and ends in Australia; and 
  • You hold a return ticket to Australia; and 
  • You are aged 89 years and under. 


  • In the event of a medical repatriation from overseas, we will return you to Australia. 
  • Medical expenses incurred once you have returned to Australia are not covered on this policy. 
  • It is therefore important that you ensure you have access to long term medical care in Australia.
  • If you are not an Australian resident or do not satisfy the above conditions, you cannot buy a Travel Insurance policy. If you do, it will be INVALID. Please contact our affiliate Aussie Travel Cover* on 02 9998 7854 and they may be able to offer you a non-Australian resident travel insurance policy.

Cover is subject to the policy terms, conditions, limits and exclusions in the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).

*Fast Cover Pty Ltd receives a commission from Aussie Travel Cover for each referred policy.

Still need help? Contact Us Contact Us