Am I a "temporary resident of Australia" if I'm from a country where we have a reciprocal health care agreement with Australia?

For the purposes of our policies, you would be considered a "Temporary resident of Australia" if:
  • Hold a valid Medicare card or are covered by an Australian Private Health Insurance policy that satisfies the government health insurance requirements for your visa type; and 
  • Have a home in Australia to which you intend to return; and 
  • Your trip starts and ends in Australia; and 
  • You hold a return ticket to Australia; and 
  • You are aged 89 years and under.

Cover is subject to the policy terms, conditions, limits and exclusions in the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).

Still need help? Contact Us Contact Us